In line with the Czech Armed Forces’ capability development plans, the Czech MoD Armaments and Acquisition Division, through its Defence Acquisitions Marketing Support Section and in cooperation with the General Staff of the Czech Armed Forces,will initiate preliminary marketing consultations, market sounding and system analysis for the next planning period.
The prepared projects are based on the current needs of the Czech Armed Forces and are in line with the effective policies and medium term planning documents.
In order to support the acquisition process, market sounding will be performed in the upcoming months for the following systems or commodities:
- Means to enhance individual combat capabilities–new generation handheld antitank weapon with deliveries planned in 2020-2023;
- Means to enhance bridging capabilities over water as well as dry obstacles as part of manoeuvre and mobilitysupport of brigade task forces in line with NATO commitments and effective standards, on wheeled chassis with ballistic protection –bridging systems with deliveries planned in 2020-2023;
- Means to enhance water bridging capabilities with floating bridges as part of manoeuvre and mobility support in line with NATO commitments and according to effective standards on wheeled chassis with ballistic protection – pontoon bridging systems with deliveries planned in 2021-2024;
- Means to enhance the protection of persons – MRAP category of vehicles with the capability of detectingandclearing improvised explosive devices on operational deployments – MRAP vehicle for Route Clearance Patrolling (RCP) missions with planned deliveries in 2020-2022;
- Portable means to clear ways in minefields – portable rocket demining system with planned deliveries in 2020;
- Small transport aircraft for air transport of 15 to 30 passengers with four seats and table and with an interior reconfigurable to MEDEVAC version with planned deliveries in 2021-2022.
In case there is an interest in becoming involved in the planned preliminary market consultations and market sounding, and/oran interest to offer systems/subsystemsor commodities relating to the above-mentioned capabilities, manufacturers and suppliers may, before being officially addressed in the form of Request for Information (RFI),take initiative and send in marketing documents to: email@example.com, or by mail to:
Oddělení marketingové podpory obranných akvizic,
Ministerstvo obrany, náměstí Svobody 471/4,
160 01 Praha 6, Czech Republic.
The official process of market sounding and analysis will start by sending the Request for Information to potential manufacturers and/or suppliers.
Upon specification of strategies for individual projects, the manufacturers and/or suppliers will be invited to present their solutions to the representatives of the Czech Ministry of Defence and Armed Forces specialists in the form of expert conferences, demonstrations or industry days.
The above-mentioned review of required capabilities for market sounding in 2017 and 2018 is not final. Manufacturers and/or suppliers will be continuously informed about the changes arising from annual specification as part of medium and long term planning.
All additional information will also be published on this website and twitter @marketingarmycz.